7th Grade ELA
What will my 7th grade learn this year?
Seventh grade is a year of highly visible progress in reading, writing, and language arts. By the end of seventh grade, students should:
- Develop complex writing skills.
- Constructively critique their own and other’s writing.
- Apply punctuation, grammar, and syntax skills.
- Recognize and apply grade appropriate vocabulary.
- Read with fluency, with focus on comprehension.
- Compare books to their movie version and describe how the message is affected.
- Compare and contrast texts from different authors presenting the same topic.
- Write more in-depth research papers with citations and quotes from multiple sources.
Our curriculum will meet each of these 7th grade language arts standards while using multimedia and engaging projects to keep students motivated to learn.
In 7th grade language arts this year, your child will increase their ability to analyze and synthesize information, strengthen their reading skills , and improve their writing proficiency.
On this page you will be able to discover the key English language arts (ELA) concepts we will be learning through the year. I will keep you posted through the year so you can learn more about the general 7th grade language arts objectives, and find out how the seventh grade language arts curriculum helps your student achieve their goals for this important year of education.